Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Way From Atlanta Airport To Downtown Atlanta
iTourist > Travel Destinations > North America
justink
Could use some help here, please smile.gif

I have to go to Atlanta for a conference downtown and don't want the hassle of a rental car.

What's the best way from the Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Intl Airport to downtown Atlanta. (Could we name the airport after a 3rd person while we're at it?)

Specifically, I need to get to the Atlanta Marriott Marquis at 265 Peachtree Center Ave.

Are there any easy public transport options, or shared shuttles? If not, what do you think a taxi would set me back?

Appreciate the help folks!

Justin
TracyUpton
QUOTE (justink @ Sep 28 2006, 09:07 AM)
Could use some help here, please smile.gif

I have to go to Atlanta for a conference downtown and don't want the hassle of a rental car. 

What's the best way from the Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Intl Airport to downtown Atlanta.  (Could we name the airport after a 3rd person while we're at it?)

Specifically, I need to get to the Atlanta Marriott Marquis at 265 Peachtree Center Ave.

Are there any easy public transport options, or shared shuttles?   If not, what do you think a taxi would set me back?

Appreciate the help folks!

Justin

Coming down for some Southern Hospitality? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Public transport is your best bet, take the MARTA direct from the Atlanta airport to downtown.

You need to go upstairs (follow signs for MARTA) after baggage claim and there is a MARTA station up there. It'll whiz you straight into the city and there is a stop for Peachtree Center where your hotel is.

Just reverse process to return to the airport. The MARTA is safe and cheap!

The Airport was originally called Atlanta Hartsfield. After the passing of mayor Jackson there was a move to change the name -- but instead they decided to tag a second name on, thus the official name: Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport.... Wish they'd keep it simple!

HTH

Tracy
justink
QUOTE (TracyUpton @ Sep 28 2006, 09:20 AM) *
Coming down for some Southern Hospitality? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Public transport is your best bet, take the MARTA direct from the Atlanta airport to downtown.

You need to go upstairs (follow signs for MARTA) after baggage claim and there is a MARTA station up there. It'll whiz you straight into the city and there is a stop for Peachtree Center where your hotel is.

Just reverse process to return to the airport. The MARTA is safe and cheap!

The Airport was originally called Atlanta Hartsfield. After the passing of mayor Jackson there was a move to change the name -- but instead they decided to tag a second name on, thus the official name: Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport.... Wish they'd keep it simple!

HTH

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

I haven't been on this site in awhile, but I wanted to thank you for your help.

Once we got to Atlanta we were able to take the MARTA from Atlanta's airport directly into downtown. Had no problems at all!

Thanks,

Justin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.